Breakfast time on school mornings is one of my challenges. I always feel like I am giving the kids the same things and making a full blown breakfast is not going to happen each morning but I also do not like to give them things like cereal and poptarts before heading off to school in the morning.
Here are 10 of the breakfast meals that I give my kids on school mornings that are quick, easy and healthy to give them the best start to their day.
- Pancakes – Make them in batches and put them in the freezer wrapped in how many pancakes your kids normally eat for breakfast. Heat them in the microwave for 1 minute and you have homemade pancakes for breakfast.
- Waffles – Make them in batches and put them in the freezer wrapped in how many waffles your kids normally eat for breakfast. Heat them in the microwave for 1 minute and you have homemade waffles for breakfast.
- Oatmeal and fruit
- Yogurt and fruit
- scrambled eggs with cheese – make your scrambled eggs like normal and then add shredded cheese at the end of them cooking so it is melted through.
- Egg, Bacon and Cheese sandwich – Use scrambled eggs, toast and 2 pieces of bacon- the longest part is making the bacon on the stove but you can do it quicker cooking it in the microwave.
- English muffins with peanut butter and yogurt
- Muffins – make them ahead of time and you can freeze them and then reheat them in the microwave.
- bagel and cream cheese and fruit
- Toast with jelly and fruit