When we take the kids to Disney they have their list of things that they want to do and we make sure we do them. However when you are on limited time and want to give the kids the most magical time you have to make sure you are doing things that appeal to the kids. When we went last year the kids had their lists and from that they came up with 10 things kids must do at Disney. This is from my kids, who are now 11, 9 and 6 and what they feel are the 10 things you HAVE to do at Disney.
10 Things You HAVE to do at Disney (From a Kid’s point of view)
10 Things You HAVE to do at Disney
- Jedi Training in Hollywood Studios – It doesn’t cost any extra but you do have to get to the sign up building early to get a spot on the day you want to do it. The building is located right before you get to the Star Tours Ride.
- Eat a Dole whip – However according to my 9 year old son it is to much for one kid to eat so you should share them with your parents (Love that kid for wanting to share his tasty treat with me 😉 )
- Eat a Turkey leg– These are HUGE, and defanitly one that you share! We ordered 2 of them and we had left overs after the 3 kids and I ate them. You can find them in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios.
- See a fireworks show. There are a few different ones that you can see, my kids said it doesn’t matter which one you see but you have to see one of them.
- A Character meal. While these are a bit pricy they are so worth it even from the parent point of view. The characters come around to the tables while you are eating and the kids get to have a few minutes of one on one with the characters and goof around and talk to them. My kids said it was better then waiting in line to meet the characters and like that the characters were able to have fun with them instead of just taking a photo with them like the meet and greets around the park.
- Find the guy who makes the Mickey Mouse voices. We met an awesome cast member when we went to the Walt Disney One Man’s Dream , I don’t know if he is there often or how often but the guy was amazing! You can check out the video we took of him here.
- Go to the pool. All of the resorts have a pool or water area that you can relax a bit in, my kids said that even though you are at Disney it is a must to get in the pool to have fun and splash around.
- Eat at Pizza Planet. Pizza Planet is in Hollywood studios and one of my favorite places to eat. The kids also told me that it was one of their favorite places to eat and that because you feel like you are in the Toy Story Movie while you are eating there it makes it even more fun.
- Go on a Roller Coaster. This comes from my older two, they are HUGE fans of going on coasters, asking them to pick their favorite got me the answer of “we can’t pick just one”.
- Go on a spinning ride. This comes from my youngest who loves the spinning rides like the Triceratops spin at Animal Kingdom and the Ariel Ride at Magic Kingdom.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here