Here is a quick video on some of my tips for packing and saving money when traveling. Please excuse my awful hair and no make up, it was a late night when I made the video and was finishing up my packing.
If you can not see the video go here
Tips for buying your tickets at a great price:
- Watch the prices of plane tickets for where you want to go for about 3 weeks, the prices will change each day, you will see the price change every. Watch for the lowest price and when you see it again buy your ticket.
- Use places like Expedia, Orbitz, and Cheap tickets to find deals on flying.
- Sign up for the airlines flying points programs. Many of the Airlines have programs that you earn points for flying which you can then use to get a plane ticket later.
- Fly on Tuesdays and Wednesday, ticket prices are cheaper because those are the off days for flying.
Tips to save money to get ready to travel
- Make a list of everything that you are going to need. Not forgetting things will save you money because you will not need to buy them when you are traveling.
- Contact companies for coupons for products that you know you will use like food and drink items to bring with you. You will then be able to shop for free with the free product coupons (since many companies send free product coupons when you contact them with a compliment on their products). You will save money and space by having coupons instead of bringing the items with you. Space is valuable when you are traveling.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy here