With the recently light of 2 people STEALING coupons from newspapers, I thought today’s coupon 101 would be a good time to just recap the things that we as couponers should NOT do when Couponing!
DO NOTS of couponing
- Do not steal coupons, do not take them out of newspapers in the newspaper machines or out of the newspapers at the news stands.
- Do not use expired coupons (unless you are military stationed overseas or your store allows it)
- Do not use more then one manufacturer coupon per item
- Do not use coupons for the different products than what is listed on the coupon
- Do not cut your coupons in a stack (yes it is more time efficient however when they get to the coupon processing coupons that are cut identically can be rejected because it can seem as if they were mass cut)
- Do not photocopy coupons (you can not make photocopys of coupons you have printed or any other coupon)
- Use coupons on the right product. Yes a coupon may scan for a different product but that does NOT make it right, always read the coupon, do not go off of the picture on a coupon.
- Do not buy coupons from clipping services. Yes I know people do it and people say it is ok but the coupons say on them specifically they are void if they have been bought.
- Do ask stores, news paper companies and your friends and family for their extra coupons if you are wanting more
- Do Use one manufacturer coupon per item (you can stack the manufacturer coupons with store coupons and loadable coupons from places like cell fire and Saving Star
- Do print coupons from sites that are legit like Coupons.com, Red Plum and Coupon Network
- Do be cautious when printing PDF coupons, make sure they are directly from the company or you can get to the coupon from a companies website.
- Do Learn the coupon policies of the stores that you shop at
This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy here