In my house muffins are a key part of our diets. If it was up to my kids they would eat them morning noon and night. Well sometimes I think I would be right there with them on that lol. The only problem is I get sick of eating the same kinds over and over again. I wanted to have a muffin that I have never seen in the store before. I had bananas that were getting very brown on my counter so I figured I would use those up. Next I let my daughter pick out another main ingredient but I said no candy. She happened to choose her favorite coconut chips. If you don’t have coconut chips on hand you can use shredded coconut but it will have a different texture.
Get tasty recipes daily when you join us on our facebook page here!
Banana Coconut Muffins
Banana Coconut Muffins Ingredients
- 1 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ Cup diced ripe bananas
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts
- ½ Cup coconut chips
Banana Coconut Muffins Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners or coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, milk, vanilla and mushed bananas together.
- Gently stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture, stir just until combined.
- Fold the bananas, nuts and coconut into the muffin mix.
- Fill your muffin tins so they are 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle your muffin tops with the coconut chips
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool and store in a airtight container.