Identity theft is something that is scary to think about and we all know that people can steal our credit card numbers and pretend to be us. But did you know that people steal people’s tax returns as well!?!? Scary to think about but it does happen and that can be a very scary thing to learn has happened to you!
I shared with you the advantages of tax prep a few weeks ago and this week I jumped on a phone call with a Block Advisor to learn more to share with you. In my conversation I learned that people steal other people’s returns and it is not as hard as you might think. It is harder then stealing a credit card number but it does happen!
Block Advisors give its customers some piece of mind when it comes to Tax Identy Theft, they not only help you prevent it, but if it were to happen then they help you get it fixed!
How Block advisors Helps with Tax Identity Theft:
1. Helps you get an IRS pin number. Most people don’t know that they can get protection from the IRS. The IRS pin makes it so when taxes are done and refunds are claimed that a pin number has to be entered, this pin number is given to only the person who really is that person and it is hard for someone to be able to get the pin information.
2. Tax Identity Shield Product that is watching your information all credit season to make sure that no one is trying to claim your tax refund.
3. If someone does happen to get your tax information and claim your refund, then Block Advisors will help you get your refund back and guide you in the steps that you need to do to get it all done.
4. Informs their customers of tax scams that are going on. This means as a Block Advisors customer you are in the loop and up to date on the current tax scams so that you do not become a victim of one.
5. Tax Identity Risk Assessment that tells you how big or small of a risk you are to become a victim of Tax Identity theft. Plus they give you information on how best to make sure it doesn’t happen to you.
Now through March 31, Block Advisors is extending an introductory offer of 50% off what you paid someone else last year. (*Minimum $100 charge). So if you paid $1000 last year, then Block Advisors will only charge you $500 for doing your taxes this year! That is some BIG savings, especially if you have very involved taxes!
Visit BlockAdvisors.com for more information.
Block Advisors is your year-round dedicated tax partner, offering both tax preparation and tax planning experience. Additionally, if you run a small business, Block Advisors can provide your back-end needs including payroll, bookkeeping and more to serve all of your tax and accounting needs. With more than 280 Block Advisors offices across the country, you can think of Block Advisors as your hometown tax advisor.
What to expect Using Block Advisor:
- Experience: Make an appointment to meet in a contemporary, private office with a trusted Tax Advisor; that’s the beginning of what will be a long-term relationship.
- Results: Devotion to clients – they stand by their work.
- Support: Year-round, consider a Tax Advisor your personal partner. They are there to answer questions and plan for the future. And if the IRS ever asks questions, they are there for you. You’ll never go it alone.
There are more than 280 Block Advisors offices across the country so finding some one that is local to you should make your tax prep needs easy. You can find a local Block Advisor’s office here.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Block Advisor. All opinions are 100% my own.