Every Wednesday my daughter has her gymnastic right at our normal dinner time and I always forget to start a crock-pot meal in time so I needed a way to have simple dinners. The night before I made a double batch of quinoa and cooked twice as much chicken that I needed but with different flavors. I do this so that the next day I can just throw together our dinner with very little work. You can change this up to match your taste buds. Homemade Guacamole would be great on this but my husband eat the last of the ripe avocados for lunch. He did end up putting some of the Skinny Creamy Chipotle Sauce on his and it was amazing!
Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowls
Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowls Ingredients
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 Cup dice tomato
- 1 Cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, Cut in wedges
- Salsa, optional
- Skinny Creamy Chipotle Sauce, optional
Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowls Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness. Rub you chicken with the taco seasoning. Place your chicken into a baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Let the chicken rest for 5- 10 minutes. Dice your chicken into bite size pieces.
- Toss the quinoa and tomatoes together. Place in your severing bowls and top with the chicken, black beans, jalapenos, limes and sauce.