After the success of my Edible Lifesaver Slime, I figured it would be fun to make another edible slime. This edible slime is another one the kids love! This time I used Starburst candies to create this Edible Starburst Slime. This Edible Starburst Slime is a little more difficult to make then the gummy lifesaver candies because it is a harder fruit chew but it is not totally complicated to make and still a TON of fun!
Instead of just melting it in the microwave, you need to use a double boiler to melt this candy. If you trying to microwave with this candy it will burn instead of melt. Check out how to make your own double boiler using a heat safe bowl and a pot of water.
You can make this recipe any color by dividing up the colored starburst and make sure you melt all the colors separately.
Here are a few tips to make this easier:
You don’t have to do this stuff but, it will save time when making your edible Starburst Slime!
- Use the Starburst Minis to skip having to unwrap them. Make sure you have 14 ounces worth for this recipe to work, so you will have to weigh it.
- Use the Starburst Minis FavReds when making red because all the colors will blend together to make a red starburst slime.
- To help the candy melts easier I used a pair of kitchen shears to cut the candies into quarters.
Edible Starburst Slime
Edible Starburst Slime Ingredients
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 bag starburst
Edible Starburst Slime Directions
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and powder sugar, set it aside.
- Unwrap all of the starbursts into a medium heat safe bowl. Using your kitchen shears cut each candy into for equal piece. Place half the starburst into another bowl.
- Place the first bowl over a simmering pot of water. Keep stirring with a rubber spatula until all the candy is melted.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture on your counter and put the first batch of melted starburst on top, allow to cool while you melt the second batch of candy.
- Knead both of the melted starbursts together in the cornstarch mixture until the mixture is not sticky.
- Store in an airtight container.
- When you would like to play with it after it’s been sitting around you will need to soften it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and re-knead it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here