Now through October 20, if you have a Stop and Shop near you, you can support your local schools just buy purchasing produce. Participating fresh fruit and veggie suppplers are making a donation based on consumption of their fresh produce. This is a great way to help local schools with out having to do anything extra:)
All you have to do is look for the produce for kids display units in your stores that will have characters from the popular Sprout TV shows Lazy Town and Noodle and Doodle in your produce section at the store! The more items that are added to shopper’s shopping lists the more the local schools will get 🙂 Super easy right?
Also be sure to keep your eye out for the recipe cards in the store, they have great meal ideas that are not only tasty but healthy for your family.
One of the recipes you will find on the cards is for Breatfast Burritos
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· ½ cup bell peppers, seeded, diced
· ½ cup onions, diced
· 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
· ½ cup tomatoes, diced
· 1 cup spinach, cooked, drained
· ⅓ cup salsa
· 6 large eggs, scrambled, cooked until firm
· 4 whole wheat tortillas
· ½ avocado, peeled, sliced
· 12 cucumber slices
1. Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add peppers and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender and browned.
2. Add beans, tomatoes and spinach. Cook until beans are heated through, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat and set aside. Mix in salsa.
4. Assemble tortillas by adding eggs, bean/vegetable mixture, avocado and cucumber.
Baja Breakfast Burrito Calories 472; Fat 16.42g; Protein 25.36g; Carbohydrate 55.84g; Fiber 10.87g; Cholesterol 288mg; Sodium 371mg; Calcium 443mg; Vitamin A 2092 IU; Vitamin C 31.65mg; Iron 4.04mg
Disclaimer: I was provided a gift card for sharing this information with you. As always all opinions are 100% my own!