Ah the great pumpkin debated, it seems some people are strongly against pumpkin or strongly for pumpkin. I am not sure why we all can’t just get along and enjoy this fall favorite. Well with the help of my pumpkin banana chip muffins I am trying to bridge the gap between pumpkin lovers and pumpkin haters. The combination of banana and chocolate chips help play a role to tone down that strong pumpkin flavor. This way pumpkin lovers can still enjoy their pumpkin but those silly non-pumpkin lovers do not have such a strong flavor to choke down. Check out here to learn how I make my own pumpkin spice blend .
Get tasty recipes daily when you join us on our facebook page here!
Pumpkin Banana Chip Muffins
Pumpkin Banana Chip Muffins Ingredients
- 2 brown bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Pumpkin Banana Chip Muffins Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and sugar together with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until well combined, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir your flour mixture into the banana mixture just until combined, do not overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here