Peanut Butter Bon Bons
1/4 Cup or 2 ozs of Cream Cheese softened
1 1/2 Cups of creamy Peanut Butter (you can also use crunchy if you want more texture)
1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 tsp of Salt (this is optional)
5 Cups of Confectioners Sugar
2 sticks of Butter (real butter not margarine) melted and cooled
12 ozs of Semi Sweet or Bittersweet Chocolate
- ¼ Cup or 2 ozs of Cream Cheese softened
- 1½ Cups of creamy Peanut Butter (you can also use crunchy if you want more texture)
- 1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ tsp of Salt (this is optional)
- 5 Cups of Confectioners Sugar
- 2 sticks of Butter (real butter not margarine) melted and cooled
- 12 ozs of Semi Sweet or Bittersweet Chocolate
- Make the chocolate coating:
- Melt the chocolate either over a double broiler on the stove or in the microwave. Follow the instructions on the package if using the microwave.
- Assemble the candies:
- Line a pan or pans with parchment paper or tin foil. Take out slightly more than a tablespoon or you can use a small scoop, and roll them into a ball in your hand. Place them in the pan and repeat until all candies are rolled out. This is very time consuming! The candies can sit close to each other but make sure they are not touching. At this point I put them in the fridge for a bit because they are easier to roll once they are cool BUT you can skip this step if you are in a hurry. (if you do decide to let them get cool in the fridge be sure to wait and melt the chocolate when you are ready for it)
- Using a fork or large skewer roll each candy until fully coated with the chocolate of if you want it to look like buckeyes make sure you leave just a small portion of the candy at the top uncovered. Place them back in the pan and repeat until all candies are coated.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge or until chocolate is set.
- These will keep about 3-7 days in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer if they even last that long. This recipe was taken from several recipes that I found online. I took the best elements of each and combined them so this is PARTIALLY something I put together.