When I was a teen I have fond memories of sitting at my Aunt’s beach house on Long Beach Island whenever the games would roll around and enjoying the summer breeze flow thru the windows while we watched our favorite sporting events of the BIG Games. I know you are thinking to yourself – wait a second Lauren is not a sports fan. While this is mostly the case I have a love for watching gymnastics during the games and could sit there and watch every single minute that they are on!
The summer games also hold a spot for me in my heart because there were a few different times that my grandfather worked and did the live taping for the games. It was always fun to hear his stories about being there and experiencing them first hand. Now that he has passed away this is another time that I can share stories about my grandfather with my kids while enjoying time with them.
This year I am excited to gather my kiddos up and enjoy the gymnastic competitions of the summer games as well as whichever other events peek their interest.
For Comcast Xfinity 1 customers they are going to be able to see ALL 6,755 hours of programming! While you won’t be able to watch every event at the same time unless you have multiple screens, you will be able to see it ALL if you want to! But even better than that you will be able to see what YOU want to! With X1 you can skip what you do not want to see and watch what you do want to see.
Personalized Viewing of the summer games:
I love that they are making the whole experience totally personalized and there are so many different ways they are doing it too!
- Bookmarking- Viewers can tag their favorite athletes, teams and nations, providing a “bookmark” for quick and easy access to the content they care about most.
- Online streaming content from the NBC Sports app will be integrated into the X1 experience for viewers to easily search, discover
- X1 SPORTS APP – will enable users to search and explore the latest medal counts, live results and scores, and real-time stats for all events.
- MUST SEE MOMENTS- Each day, they will provide several tune-in notifications for marquee Olympic events that viewers won’t want to miss. Curated in partnership with NBC, Must See Moment notifications will happen in real-time.
- VOICE SEARCH: The X1 voice remote provides viewers with one powerful tool to quickly and easily search, discover and navigate the entire games experience with just the sound of their voice.
- PRIMETIME ON DEMAND: In addition to the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, every episode of the full NBC Primetime show and Telemundo late night shows will be available the next day on Xfinity On Demand, with the flexibility to view particular segments or the entire show.
- VIEWING OPTIONS: When watching an event with more than one viewing option, (such as more than one broadcast or online livestream of the same event), viewers can select which way to watch. For example, if an event is airing on both NBC and Telemundo, Spanish-speaking customers could choose to view it on Telemundo so it’s in the language of their choice. Or, a customer watching the U.S. gymnastics team could select from the live broadcast of the floor routines on NBC, the online livestream of the balance beam, or the online livestream of the uneven bars.
Get ready for August 5th, when the games begin! I know I am ready and excited for them to start!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Comcast. All opinions are 100% my own!