A few months ago the kids and I attended an event at the Woodloch Resort in the Poconos (Hawley Pa to be exact) and we had a blast and loved every minute of it even while there was still some snow on the ground so when we had the opportunity to go visit again to do a Woodloch Resort review during the summer I was excited, the kids were excited and Tom was excited to go and see what we had been ranting and raving about for the past few months about how much we loved it.
The summer time has even more to offer then the winter, and while the winter was a blast it is a pretty close tie to what the summer has to offer!! So here are my 10 Reasons to add Woodloch Resort in the Poconos to your Vacation list
Woodloch Resort | Things to do in the Poconos
10. The food! If you have been following along on Instagram you have seen the Ah!Mazing food that they serve each meal. I am not talking just 1 plate of deliciousness but 3-4 plates, starter plates, main dishes, desserts amazing drinks and more!!
9- The Market- This is brand new for Woodloch but it is totally awesome! Last time we went the closest gas station was 7 miles from the resort but now they have their own store plus there is a gas station!! In the store there is a full deli, you can snag their awesome breads and desserts like crumbcake and grab a soda or snack with out having to leave the resort!
8. The beauty of the lake. The lake is gorgeous in the winter with the snow on the trees and the lake iced over but that doesn’t compare to what it looks like in the summer. The lake has a beach, you can go swimming in the lake, boating, paddle boating, on a lake boating tour all to explore the beauty of the lake. There is a playground where the kids can play right near the lake and while playingwith the kids you can enjoy the beauty of the lake and the beautiful nature that is surrounding you.
7. Bumper Boats and Go Carts! The Go Carts is my kids favorite, they can not get enough of them when we are there. They rode many times when we were there this past winter and that was the first thing that they told Tom he had to try! The bumper boats was a first for us when we visited this time and totally one of the coolest things that I have done with the kids and Tom while we were there. You are in a inflated boat, with a motor and it sprays water. You drive your boat around and chase others in the boating area and spray each other with water and the laughs, smiles and giggles of us all were awesome. All 5 of us were laughing and smiling the whole time we were on the bumper boats and the memories we made in that 10 minutes will never leave me.
6. The out door splash area for kids. The indoor splash area is awesome, it is the kids favorite night time activity after everything this is calming down from the day but during the day they have an outdoor splash play area for the kids. It has a slide and a mushroom that pours water like a waterfall and it is just deep enough for kids Alyssa’s age (age 4) to have the freedom to explore while making parents feel safe with them exploring since the water is only about a foot deep.
5. The outdoor pool. I am a giant fish and could spend hours in the water (which I am sure is where my kids get it from) and as much as I love the indoor pool the out door ones has a lot of different depths making it perfect for everyone. They have a 3 foot, 3.6 foot, 4 foot, 4.6 foot 5 foot and then the 9 foot areas. I love being able to just float a bit, and swim to relax. Tom kept the kiddos in the shallow end so I could go and enjoy the pool’s deep end. The kids loved jumping into the pool and that they were able to stand in the pool with out any issues. The temperature was also the perfect temperature for an outside pool.
4. Family Memories. The resort is all inclusive so you do not have to worry about cooking, you just have to worry about making it to meal time and that is easy (as long as you are not having to much fun and then find yourself running to not miss a meal 😉 ). The memories that we made are ones that I will always hold. The pictures that we took of the kids smiles made the trip so much more then just a trip. There really is something for everyone and we all had fun. There was not a single time that anyone said they were bored!
3. The lodging. Last time we were there we stayed in the Edgewater Suite Springbrook. This time we were in the Edgewater Suite – Mountain Laurel. These rooms have 1 bedroom with 2 beds, a bathroom that is huge, a full sized kitchen, a living room, washer and dryer and an awesome balcony (which the view is stunning from all of the lakeview rooms)
2. Endless fun for everyone. Every single day there is an itinerary that is on your table in the morning at breakfast. It has every activity and the times they are open listed. Plus there are activities for everyone. I already mentioned the bumper boats and go carts but there is soo much more then that! You can be adventurous by riding the Zipline, shooting (paintball or guns in the firing range), archery, kids indoor gym, basketball courts and so much more!
1. The friendliness of the staff. Never have I encountered someone who was not smiling,not in a good mood or happy to be there.
Disclaimer: We were provided a 2 night stay at Woodloch resort, no compensation was received and as always all opinions are 100% our own!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here