We are now 11 days into 2016, I had given some thought as to what I wanted to do to make life better in 2016 but not really set a plan. Let’s face it I am an organized mess type of person, I like to do spur of the moment (like this post, unplanned spur of the moment lol) and find out where it takes me. Sure it drives Tom crazy but I wouldn’t be me if at 8pm on a Tuesday afternoon I wanted to redo a piece of furniture right then and there 😉
I am going to try and stick to these things, maybe writing them down will help me be accountable for getting them done. I don’t do resolutions because I do not stick to them. Ever! I can not tell you a time where I have stuck to a resolution I made so I don’t make those but I figure a list of 10 things I am Doing in 2016 is a better way to go and making sure they are all things that I will actually do.
- Purge the house – We have moved so many times since Tom and I got married in 2004 (8 times in 10 years to be exact, then finally bought the house we are in now in April 2014) that unpacking fully never happened at any house we were at. We still have boxes in the garage, the attic and the basement that need to be gone thru. Obviously we do not need what is in them because we have done just fine with out those items while they have been packed up.
- Pick a kitchen paint color – I keep going back and forth on this. From red to a tealish grey. I will get my mind made up before 2016 is over
- Finish painting my sons room– (and get the photos you have been waiting to see of his Star Wars room up on the blog). He has had 3 walls painted of the 4 in his room for over a year now and the last wall needs to be done. The other 3 walls are grey, this one will be orange and I will get it done. He hasn’t seemed to mind but I do. I am also going to add getting his dresser repainted as well. I got one done already but I need to get the other one done as well.
- Family Pictures – We have not gotten family pictures done since before my youngest was born. I know it is bad and they need to be done, we just have not done them. This year I am making it a goal to get them done.
- Get my youngest baptized – She is going to be 6, so she is like 5.5 years over due for this, I feel awful because the older 2 were done as babies and she still hasn’t been. But it has been difficult with her God parents being in different places in the world. Her one moved to Spain shortly after being born and is now in Texas and her other one is in New Jersey. Instead of trying to get them here for it, I am going to just do it and have them be there via skype or something so it is done.
- Have fun – So many times the to do list is long, and having fun gets put on the back burner but this year I am going to have fun. I am going to try and do something fun each day, even if it is just 10 minutes in the kitchen baking a dessert with the kids.
- Take more photos – I take photos for the blog and for blog posts all the time but I do not take random just because photos as much as I would like to. So I am going to pull out my camera, randomly and just because to take photos.
- Get photos printed – I have TONS of photos on my computer and my external hard drive, but none of them are printed so this year I am going to get them printed. I am going to stalk photo print deals and get the ones I wanted printed before I let it slack more.
- Take my kids to the beach – We are not far at all from Long Beach Island and last year during the summer we never made it to the beach. I have been bummed about it since so this year, no games, no procrastination. This summer we are going to the beach. Even if it is just for a few hours. My feet will be in the sand and I will enjoy the ocean water and waves with the kids.
- Be more personal here on the blog – I get so focused on helping as many people as I can find the deals they need to find that I have personal posts that never end up getting posted. I want to tell you more about what is going on with us, I want to show you more about our personal life so those who do not know me as well can connect better with me and in turn help you. I am a hot mess, and unorganized mess more often then you realize and after having a few people ask me how I keep it together so well, I want you to know I don’t always. I am a mom just like you. I have a messy house just like you, I have unfinished projects around my house, I have days where I look like a hot mess ect. I am not perfect and I want you to all know that and show you that I am just like you 🙂
What are something you are doing in 2016?