I came across an AMAZING story tonight from NBC news by Ann Curry while browsing around on facebook on one of my breaks from packing to move and I am inspired! I want to share this with all of you and I hope you too are inspired as well!
In honor of the 26 victims from the Newtow Connecticut shooting people all around the country are doing 26 Acts of kindness and spreading the word! Twitter is booming with people tweeting about what they have done and what has been done for them and the kindness is spreading (like it should be!).The 26 acts is to honor each of the individuals who passed away on that tragic day but it is a great way to show the world that kindness still does exist! What a wonderful and powerful message that this is.
On twitter Ann curry challenged everyone to do 26 acts of kindness, can you imagine what the end result would be if everyone did 26 acts of kindness!!
Check out some of these tweets! I am inspired and I can not wait to start doing mine tomorrow morning!!
Here are some ideas that I have come up with to spread kindness, please leave your ideas in the comments and spread this! With just one small act of kindness you can change someone’s Day around!
- Carry your neighbors groceries from their car to house for them
- Leave a note on your neighbors car telling them to have a good day
- Pay for coffee at your favorite coffee place for the person behind you
- Pay for lunch for the next person in line behind you
- bake cookies for your neighbors
- Leave a note in your neighbors mailbox
- Send a card with your child to school for their teacher
- call a rondom person in the phonebook and tell them to have a great day
- Visit a nursing home just to say hello
- Leave a dollar with a note on a candy bar in the store for the next person who is going to see it
- Donate clothing to a family you know is in need
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here