Once school gets started, the kids are pumped up they are ready to go and get back in the swing of things. They get excited about school and the first couple of weeks they can be very hyperactive. Once they get home, their adrenaline is still pumped; they are full of energy and need to do something that will help them to release that energy. After school activities are an important way to get them involved in other things that will help them with learning and getting their energy out at the same time! Here are some kids after school activity ideas that will help you to keep them active after school.
After school activities are also important for socializing, while they do get to see their friends in school there is not much time for much social activity and after school activities are perfect for that. You can also use the driving time to have great conversations with your kids and hear about their day. This list of after school activity ideas for kids that will help you figure out what to do. It is also a good idea to have the kids talk to you about what they are interested in when planning on an after school activity.
After School Activity Ideas for Kids
Kids After School Activity Ideas
When choosing After School Activity Ideas for Kids, it is important to think about the child’s interest and age. Make sure to choose an activity that focuses on the child’s interest as this will encourage them to put forth their best effort. They will also look forward to participating in this particular activity.
1. Sports Activities– T-ball, soccer, and gymnastics are popular choices for little ones. They will enjoy learning about the sport, participating in it, and socializing with the other kids. After the newness of the sport wears off, you can then decide as to whether you should continue the participation or not.
2. Dance Class– See if there are dance classes close to where you live. Young children will enjoy taking tap or jazz classes and even ballet. Although they may be timid when they first start the class, they will soon be dancing to the beat. It will help to build their selfesteem, and give them a chance to get some exercise and burn that excess energy.
3. Story Time or Book Club– Take your child to the local library and see if there is a story time group or book club. Younger children will have a chance to meet with other children of their own age, and learn how to sit quietly and develop their listening skills. These are just a couple of after school activities that will keep your child (ren) entertained and help them to burn off some of that extra energy. If their interest has dwindled in a particular activity over time, see if there is space in another activity. If not, see if you can convince them to stay in the particular activity until there is allotment in another one for them.
4.Music Lessons – while this is normally one that is the child alone and not with a group it is one that is great if your child loves music.
5. Acting classes – if your child expresses interest in acting then this one might be a good one for you. I took them when I was younger and enjoyed them however the time needed to put out for shows can be a bit if your child is doing plays as well as acting classes.
6. Scouts – Boy scouts and Girl scouts are a great after school activity. They have different things they do at the meetings and then there are also things they do on the weekends.
What are your favorite Kids After School Activity Ideas?