In a few short months Disney will be having a new movie coming out, Frankenweenie and it comes out just in time for Halloween! Here are a some fun facts about the movie and as I get more information about it I will be sharing it with all of you 🙂 Enjoy these fun facts!
- Frankenweenie is a black and white stop motion animated film that is done in 3D.
- Tim Burton is the director of this movie and in 1984 he made a short of this movie as a live action film due to budget constraints, he used the original drawings he had made for his original movie idea in this movie along with new characters.
- The original short was made in 1984
- It took over 2 years to produce this movie
- There are 24 frames per second in this movie, which means that the animator has to stop and re position the puppet 24 times per second of film that is produced and on average a film maker can make 5 seconds of a film in 1 weeks time. Because of this there are normally multiple animators working on different scenes with the same characters
- Over 200 puppets and sets were created for this film. There were 17 Victors and 12 Sparkys!
- Several of the character names—Victor, Elsa Van Helsing, Edgar “E” Gore and Mr. Burgemeister— were inspired by classic horror films
Frankenweenie comes to theaters on October 5, 2012
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here