With people traveling from out of town to come to my kids birthday party I do not expect them to have to feed themselves and I make sure to have a meal instead of just snacky type foods. Depending on what you feed everyone it can get expensive. There are a few things that are not as costly but just as yummy to feed a large group of people. I am using the average shelf price that I have seen for the totals but using coupons will cut down the cost)
2 boxes Ziti Noodles (1.00)
2 Jars spaghetti sauce (3.00)
1 package frozen spinach(1.00)
1 16oz container ricotta cheese(3.00)
1 pound Mozzarella cheese(shredded 1/2 used in the ziti 1/2 on top)(3.00)
- Cook pasta according to box,drain and put back into pot
- In separate bowl mix eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/2 pound Mozzarella, spinach and spaghetti sauce
- combine sauce and pasta and mix together
- put into a rectangle pan(make sure to spray it with Pam so it does not stick)I normally end up using 2-3 of the tinfoil throw away pans when I make this
- sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes
This is also a great dish to make ahead of time and have in the freezer and thaw the night before. That will save you time the day of the party.
Serve the Ziti with Italian bread(about 1.50 a loaf).Making it under $15 for feeding about 20-30 people:)
Combining this meal with cake would be a filling meal for those coming in from out of town and not to rough on the budget.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here