This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Giant Eagle. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I think of Knorr side dishes I think of making a meal and having them on the side, but I recently learned that there is a Free Recipe Book that had lots of great recipes that use the knorr sides to make meals! We made the Cheddar and Corn Chowder that uses the cheddar brocolli Knorr side dish along with Fresh Ingrediants and it makes a tasty meal! I was shocked at how good it tasted coming from a package food item! If you have a Giant Eagle near you you will find them there!
It is super easy to make and if you are in need of a quick dinner you can make this chowder, grab a loaf of fresh bread from the store and a salad and you are done!
Cheddar and Corn Chowder Ingrediants:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Cheddar Broccoli
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8.75 oz.) cream-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Crumbled queso fresco cheese
Cheddar and Corn Chowder Directions
- Bring all ingredients except cilantro and queso fresco to a boil in a large saucepot, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and queso fresco.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here