Taking a trip to ComicCon is so much fun when you go with the kids. However I do know that going to such a busy place with kids can sound a bit over whelming, how ever with these Tips for Going to ComicCon With Kids your nerves should be a bit calmer and then everyone can be excited to go!
I have some geeky kids who have become geeky all on their own with out any influence from me, which is a total parenting win for me! I have to say I am quite proud of that fact, I want my kids to be geeky and love all things Star Wars and the like. However I never wanted to push my love on to them and I wanted them to find it on their own. They did and I couldn’t be happier!
1 mom and 3 kids going into New York City might sound like a crazy idea but I promise you it is no where near as scary as it sounds! Actually it is a lot of fun, and seeing them spark with excitement makes it even better!
Tips for Going to ComicCon With Kids
- Go on Kids Day! There are kids everywhere, it is busy but they have kids day for a reason!
- Give them their own camera. I have a few old cell phones laying around the house, so I charged them up and gave each kid one. They were able to take their own photos of the things they wanted to with out my having to hand over my phone.
- Walk up a few blocks from the Javits Center to eat. You might be like, are you crazy you want me to walk 4-6 blocks with kids who are already tired and hungry to find somewhere to eat. Well you will not only have a shorter wait (we stopped at a Deli and had no wait), but you won’t be stuck eating the typical tourist food like McDonald’s and you will be able to enjoy and share with them some amazing food flavors of the city.
- Let the kids pick where you eat. We walked up a few blocks on the hunt for a place a friend of mine suggested but then we saw the deli we ended up eating at and the kids were all like, “oh a deli, it looks good let’s eat here”. So we did and it ended up being a great choice and they were excited that they were part of making the choice.
- Don’t make a schedule. Yes you will have things you want to do and want to see so make sure you note the times of those but don’t make a tight schedule and be stuck on sticking to it. When you get there things will change. The kids will see things they want to do, and want to see and going with the flow is so much easier then trying to fight a time schedule!
I hope these tips on going to ComicCon With Kids helps you have even more fun when you go with your kids!