After a few e-mails of people seeing things on other sites that the commissary price matches and you can use more then one coupon per item and that is not how it is, but I am going to share with you all the information that you need to know about saving money at the commissary and the PX/BX. They are different places, each is a separate store. The commissary is run by Deca where as the Bx/Px is run by AAFES.
- The commissary DOES NOT price match
- The commissary DOES NOT allow the use of multiple coupons per item, you can only use 1 coupon per item and the coupon MUST be fore the item that is stated on the coupon.
- The commissary DOES NOT allow you to combine a military commissary store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon, you can use either one at the store but you can not use 2 coupons on 1 item.
- You CAN use Walgreens Register Rewards or other grocery store catalina coupons at the commissary IF they say “redeem at” or “redeemable at” and it says manufacturer’s coupon on it. If it says the word “ONLY” anywhere like “Only redeemable at Acme” you can not use it at the commissary. They do not count towards your coupon total of only 1 coupon per item since they are off the whole order.
- You CAN NOT use expired coupons in US based commissaries, you can use them if you are at an over seas military base and they can be used for up to 6 months after they expire.
- The commissary allows overage, for example a coupon is worth more then the price of the product that you are buying, then the overage can be applied to the rest of your order.
- Allows Price matching, you can take an ad from Walmart, Target or any other local store and price match. But it can not be an online store.
- To Price Match you must have the ad of the local store with you that you want to price match
- You can use coupons at the Px/Bx but they do not allow for overage, your coupon will be adjusted down to make the item free.
- You can only use one coupon per item and you can not use expired coupons
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here