The holiday’s means a lot of shopping needs to be done from gifts, to household needs to food and it can get very expensive so savings money where you can and getting great deals on the things that you want and need it very helpful to sticking to your budget. Here are some ways that you can save money when shopping this holiday season.
- Shop year round– While this does cause an issue for being able to hide things if you do not have the space shopping year round can save you both time and money. I shop all year long for Christmas gifts. If I find an awesome deal on something that I know would be perfect I pick it up.
- Determine your budget early-Our Christmas budget is figured out in the beginning of January, (just in time for the target toy clearance in January). All year long I know how much I am going to have to spend on Christmas and we are able to put money away for Christmas shopping. If I do not spend the amount that month shopping for presents then it gets added to the savings for Christmas for when I do find a great deal. This also helped us with Christmas this year because of moving and hubby being unemployed right now we had the money saved up to finish what I had not gotten through out the year.
- Earn Gift Cards Online-Use places like Pamper’s Gifts to Grow to earn gift cards to use for shopping and you can cash in for gift cards that can be used as gifts.
- Save Money While Shopping Online– Follow me on facebook and join the group to see when ever the HOT Deals are posted.
- Mystery Shopping– When I do some shops and I am reimbursed for my purchase I use that to buy gifts for people. You can see my whole Mystery Shopping How to to learn more about it 🙂
- Daily Deal Sites– Sites like One King’s Lane, Zulily, Groupon, have saved me a ton of money this year. I got a Vera Bradley Bag for one of my sisters for a fraction of what it cost normally.(I would tell you how much but there is a chance she could see this post lol)
- Earn Money with Survey Sites: Here is a HUGE list to help pick the good ones.
- Homemade gifts– The kids and I make Christmas cookies each year and put them in to nice Christmas tins or cookie Jars(depending on what I find the year before on sale after Christmas) not only is this a budget friendly gift it can also easily be personalized since you are making the cookies yourself.
- Stick to your budget– No matter how big or small your budget is the most important thing is to stick to your budget.
- Use a Prepaid American Express Card for your budget, this way you will not be tempted to over spend.
- Stay on top of your grocery deals– while the majority of us are focusing on the deals we need on gifts it is important to make sure that you do not stop sticking to your grocery budget because you will end up spending more money on your groceries then you normally do.
- And of course check back here every day to see all the deals that I have posted or sign up for my FREE Daily Newsletter that will come to your e-mail everyday around 5pm that will have all the deals I have posted that day 🙂
- Make me your Personal shopper – you will get exclusive coupons and deals just for making me your personal shopper. This will also get you 90 Days of FREE Shipping and other great perks!