This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Quick meals are my must do right now between working, getting the household in a school routine that works and just all the business that seems to be of our house. I have been working hard to get dinner done by 5:00-5:30pm. The kids come home off the bus tearing apart the kitchen in the hunt for food and snack was never enough, so we changed our schedule up. Small snack while doing homework, dinner around 5pm, hang out time, get ready for the next day time, snack after getting showers and ready for bed and then off to bed. It works so much better for us.
With that we need to have dinners that can be cooking while I am getting other things done, so we have been doing freezer cooking, I take a Sunday once a month, prep the meals, put them in to freezer bags and then cook them when needed in the crockpot during the day! Then there is no cooking to be done while I am trying to do homework with the kids. This Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl recipe has been a big hit and it is sooo easy to make and has almost no work needed on the days we have it 🙂
I always make a few of these Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl freezer meal to keep on hand. Everyone loves it and they are so easy, both prepping and cooking!
Crockpot Chicken, Bean & Corn Mexican Rice Bowls
Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl Ingredients:
- Rice (The new Minute® Ready to Serve Rice that you cook up in a few minutes is perfect!)
- Chicken 1.5-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can corn
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1.5 pounds chicken
Don’t forget to Pin Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl on your Dinner boards on pinterest!
Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl Directions:
How to make Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl for that days for Dinner:
- Spray your crockpot with non stick spray.
- Add chicken, corn, salsa, black beans to crock pot
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Keep an eye on it the first time you make it so you don’t over cook it.
- Prep your rice while it is cooking, or take the short cut like I do and use the new Minute Rice.
- When chicken is cooked, spoon rice into bowls and spoon chicken, corn bean mixture over the rice.
How to prep Crockpot Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl as a Freezer Meal:
- Add all ingredients except rice to freezer bag.
- Seal freezer bag well and label with date and meal name.
- Freeze for up to 1 year in a deep freezer, 6 months in a normal freezer.
- When it is time to cook it, just dump ingredients into your crockpot, turn the crockpot on low and cook for 4-6 hours.
- The first time making it just keep and eye on it so you know how long it takes your crockpot to cook it.
- Then make some rice, or take a short cut like I do and use
- Put rice in a bowl and spoon Chicken, Bean & Corn mixture from the crockpot over top the rice. tada Dinner is done!
You can pick from a few of the different types of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice when making this, if you prefer white rice or brown rice either one will work.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for a quick lunch or really any meal, because you can eat it on-the-go, straight from the cup. In just 60 seconds, you have fully cooked rice with nothing to add. Or, you can plus it up with a few other favorite ingredients you have on hand.
Available in many varieties including: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and Fried Rice Mix. The newest option, Minute Ready to Serve Black Beans & Rice is ready in just 90 seconds. There’s a flavor for every family member and any meal.
Visit here for recipes, including Stir-In recipe ideas, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here