Yey! For Bubbles! I love bubbles and so do my kiddos! This is a great frugal family fun and educational activity for you and your kids! I can not wait for the snow to melt and take the kiddos outside to blow bubbles!
Homemade bubble ingredients
4 cups water
1 cup dishwashing liquid (I used generic and it worked just fine)
1/4 cup corn syrup
How to make Homemade Bubbles
Mix all ingredients together and have some fun!
How to Use Homemade Bubbles
1. Using pipe cleaners, create various shapes (circles, triangles, etc-we did a heart) to help your child learn or review shapes. Use the pipe cleaners as bubble wands.
2. While measuring out the ingredients, discuss measurements and fractions (i.e. 1/4 cup ).
3. Talk about the steps you completed to make the bubbles and write them down on separate sheets of paper (gather the ingredients, measure each ingredient, combine the ingredients, gather/make bubble wands, play with the bubbles, clean up). Mix the steps up and have your child sequence them.
4. Have your child observe the colors in the bubbles and let them draw/color what they observe.
5. While playing with the bubbles, review beginning sounds with your child (b for bubble, p for pop, etc).
Bubbles can also be used to teach eye contact, turn taking, and a variety of other social and language development skills.