Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Sklice Lotion. All opinions are 100% my own.
With kids going to school, day care and summer camp lice is something we have to worry about as parents. No one wants to send their kids to school with it and give it to other kids but those little guys are sneaky and once they get started they take over as many heads as they can! As a mom this is one of the biggest fear I have when it comes to my kids going to school and being with other kids. I HATE bugs and lice is like the worst bug I could even think of to have to deal with. Not only are they creepy and gross but they are sooo hard to get rid of from your child, your house and everything!
I have never had to battle lice as a parent but I remember when I was a kid that I got it once and it was awful, the smell of the nasty shampoo lingers to my nose just thinking about it and the pain of those wire combs as it went through my hair and oooh I don’t even want to think about it anymore. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about with that. As a parent I don’t ever want to have to deal with that. I mean really none of us want to deal with lice in general because it is such a hard thing to get rid of but then adding the pain I know comes from using the typical over the counter lice products on my kids if I had to, and reliving those moments from when I was a kid…. no thanks!
I was recently introduced to a product that has come to our rescue as parents for dealing with lice, it is called Sklice Lotion and it is a prescription and after reading about it, Sklice Lotion would be the go to product for me if I had to deal with lice. It comes in a 4 ounce tube ready to go and you don’t need to use one of those wire combs!
What is Sklice Lotion?
Sklice Lotion is a prescription medication for topical use on the hair and scalp only, used to treat head lice in people 6 months of age and older.
How to use Sklice Lotion to kill lice:
- Apply to a dry head of hair make sure you completely cover scalp and hair closest to the scalp first, and then apply outwards towards the ends of hair
- Rub Sklice Lotion throughout hair. It is important to completely cover the entire head so that all lice and eggs are exposed to the lotion. Be sure that each hair is coated from the scalp to the tip. Use up to 1 entire tube (4 oz) to completely cover hair and scalp
- Leave on hair for 10 minutes and then rince out with only water – be careful not to get it in your child’s eyes.
- You don’t have to use the wire comb to get out the nits, but you can use a comb if you want to.
Along with using Sklice you also need to do all the other normal means of getting rid of lice, like washing all clothing, bedding and fabrics in your house with hot water.
Facts about Sklice Lotion:
- When using sklice 71-76% of patients were lice free 2 weeks after the initial treatment
- Approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2012 for use in patients 6 months and older
- fewer then 1% of patients had side affects that included eye-redness, dry skin, dandruff, eye irritation,
Right now you can also score a Sklice Lotion Coupon! That will help you save up to $25 off!
Please Note – I am not a doctor, I am just sharing this information about a product that I think would be useful to parents. Do not use Sklice Lotion again without talking to your health care provider first