How to Clean Your Bathroom
Knowing how to clean your bathroom like a pro will save you both time and money. It is important that you clean more than just the surface, but dig down deep to remove the germs. One of the biggest problems is the soap scum, which seems to be everywhere. Toilet stains are another thing that can make a bathroom seem dirty. Here are some tips that will help you to clean it properly and save you some time and money.
1. Remove unnecessary items from the bathroom– Removing unnecessary items from your bathroom will give it a sparkling new look. This also means stuff that is lying on the floor. Make it your practice to organize things properly. Also cleaning out all the trash items like empty shampoo bottles and empty toilet paper rolls first.
2. Bleach– Use bleach or another disinfectant to remove germs. Use a toilet brush to remove dirt and grime from the toilet seat and around the toilet. Push the brush deep into the toilet bowl to help sanitize it as well.
3. Sweep the Bathroom-Make sure to sweep the bathroom floor to remove the dust. Dust particles can build up in the bathroom overtime, causing it to look dirty. Clean all other areas, and leave the sweeping until the last.
4. Mold Removal– Spray with water and bleach to remove spots on ceiling and walls. Use a clean, dry rag to remove dirt and grime. Making sure you wipe down the shower or spray it with a cleaning spray after you take your shower will help a lot with mildew and mold in the shower and will save you time from having to combat it later.
5. Use a Scouring Powder-Use a scouring powder to clean sinks and tubs. Make sure you use a gentle product that will not scratch or mar the surface.
6. Magic Erasers– this is my secret tip for cleaning soap scum. Tom will only use bar soap and the soap scum in our bathroom is horrible but if I use a magic eraser I can get it off all the shower walls and the tub with out even breaking a sweat when I pair it with using a cleaning spray!
7. Start with the cleanest spot and end with the toilet. You can use the same rag for cleaning the sink, counter, mirrors, tub and then the toilet as long as you clean the least dirty spots first. Always make sure you clean the toilet last as you don’t want to spread potty germs around the rest of the bathroom.
8.Use a steam mop on the floors instead of getting on your hands and knees. The heat from the steam mop will clean all the germs from the floor, it will save your back from hurting and you won’t have to worry about your pets or kids walking on the bathroom floor with it wet from chemicals (we all know that as soon as you clean that floor a little one is going to say the have to go to the bathroom 😉 )
Cleaning the bathroom on a regular basis will help to keep it clean and germ free. The above tips will get you on the road to a sparkling, shiny, germ-free bathroom. If you use eco-friendly products this will help you to reduce the carbon footprint on the environment as well and there are plenty of them that will help with your bathroom cleaning.