Some kids might like the idea of buying lunch because it is fun to go and buy their own lunch , but as I have said before I like packing my kids lunch because it becomes cheaper and healthier for my kids.
Here are some ways that you can make your child’s packed lunch fun for them 🙂
- Use egg shapers when you put boiled eggs in the lunch box – these turn any normal boring hard boiled egg into a fun shape. There are so many different shapes you can get from cars, to animals to hearts it is an easy way to spice up the lunch box.
- Cut sandwiches in to fun shapes, you can use Sandwich Shappers and cut the sandwich after you have made it or if you have cookie cutters you can cut the bread into shapes and then make the sandwich.
- Cut cheese into fun shapes, I buy block cheese and cut it long ways in to thin slices and then use cookie cutters to cut it into fun shapes.
- Cut fruit and Veggies into shapes – fruits like apples, melon, kiwi, pears and strawberries are all easy to cut into thin slices and then use small cookie cutters to cut them into shapes. Veggies like cucumbers,
- Instead of bread use tortilla wraps – change the sandwich up a bit by using tortilla wraps and then you can cut them into bit size pieces
- Use a thermos and send things like chili, pasta and soups. All you have to do is heat it up before they leave and put it in a heat keeper thermos.
- Get creative and send things like homemade sushi, or salads.
- My favorite thing to do is I add a handwritten note on one of their napkins every day 🙂 They love it and I love doing it because it is like I am right there with them while they are eating lunch.
What are some of your tips for making packing lunch fun.