I went to wash my dishes the other day and there was a bad smell in my kitchen and I couldn’t believe it was coming from my garbage disposal! My husband had put last nights fish left overs down the drain and it left a bad smell that wouldn’t rinse away. I was lucky to have a lemon in my fridge left over from making lemonade.
If you are looking to get some cleaning done make sure you also check out these cleaning tips and tricks!
- The Secret to getting stains out of carpet
- The secret to dust free baseboards
- How to have a spotless bathroom in 10 minutes
- Tips & Tricks to quickly clean the kitchen
- How to Clean your washing machine
- How to remove smells from bath towels
How To Remove Smells From The Garbage Disposal
What you need to Remove Smells From The Garbage Disposal
- 1 lemon
- 4 ice cubes
Directions to remove smells from the garbage disposal
- Cut the lemon into quarters.
- Place two pieces of lemons and two pieces of the ice cubs into the disposal.
- Run cold water and turn on the disposal.
- Once the garbage disposal is empty run the hot water for thirty seconds.
- Place the remainder lemons and ice cubes into the disposal and run it one last time with cold water.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here