Lunchbox Muffins Recipe
Get tasty recipes daily when you join us on our facebook page here!
Lunches are always a challenge, wanting to have healthy foods that the kids will enjoy that don’t get boring is important and sometimes a challenge. These lunch box muffins are made with whole wheat flour, bananas, carrots, apple juice, zucchini and other healthy ingrediants that your kids will love! You can also make them in advance and freeze them then just pop them in the lunch boxes and be on your way:)
Lunchbox Muffins Recipe Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 ripe bananas, peeled
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup grated zucchini
3/4 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup walnuts,
crushed 1/2 cup raisins
Lunchbox Muffins Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray (super important! Don’t miss a spot or you will have papery muffins.)
2. Combine flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a blender, blend the bananas, honey, apple juice and vinegar until smooth. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the zucchini, carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
5. Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
6. If freezing, freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out as needed.
Adapted From here