As a Mom I am always on the hunt for things that will not only make time with my kids even more fun but ways that they can learn and grow at the same time. With kids sometimes starting a conversation up that involves more then “yes” and “no” answers can be tough and I know it is important for me as a Mom to make sure I start conversations flowing between us when they are young so that it carries on to the rough tween and teen years that follow.
As a parent I am sometimes so focused on making sure the food, clothing needs are met, the bills are paid, homework is done and the fun interaction is done with them that meaningful conversation topics gets pushed back. Yes we talk all thru out the day when they are home or we are doing something fun, but not all of it is meaningful conversation and we need more of that. It is the meaningful conversations that I have with my kids now that I know will open the door ways to the harder topics later on.
With that I want you all to meet Povi. First off he is super cute! (or you can make Povi a she 😉 ) The new way us moms can get meaningful conversations started with our kids without the awkwardness!
Ok so what is a Povi?
- Povi is designed to help parents raise happier, caring and confident children, Povi is an EQ (emotional quotient) content platform + app with content sourced from experts and a huggable storytelling buddy as the delivery tool.
- Loaded with real-life stories children can relate to and endless conversation starters, Povi helps parent and child establish a daily habit of thoughtful conversation that in turn helps children develop crucial social-emotional skills
- Povi comes with 10 pre-downloaded stories and a free app (available for Android or iOS) featuring additional questions parents can ask related to the stories and 20 additional stories that are age appropriate for each individual child. Parents can choose from among three levels, for ages 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8. The stories are written and curated by experts including psychologists, teachers and parents.
- Povi is not designed to be played with alone, but rather always with a parent on hand to discuss the challenges presented and come up with possible solutions with their child.
How does Povi Work?
– Listen to a Povi Conversation Starter.
– Let your child engage with the story and Povi’s challenge.
– Guide the conversation along using questions from the Povi App.
– Allow your child to set the pace and suggest solutions.
– Find out how Povi would respond to the challenge.
– Explore different Conversation Starter Packages in our content library.
Povi launches on Kickstarter, May 24, 2016. Go here and the first 2,000 customers to sign up will receive Povi at the discounted price of $49, a 40% discount from the future off-the-shelf Povi price. For more information about Povi visit www.povi.me.
Stay up to date on Povi:
- Website: https://www.povi.me/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/povi.me/?fref=ts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/povi_me
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/povi_me/
Disclaimer: This post is part of a sponsored campaign for Povi. I received compensation for my participation, but my opinions are my own.