Merina IUD Symptoms
In sharing my issues with having the Merina IUD I have been asked what issues and symptoms I have had with it. So I figured I would give you all the list of things that I had. But please know this is my personal experience and not medical advice. However I do recommend if you have an IUD and symptoms please see you doctor immediately and don’t wait until they get worse. Some of them are quite personal however I am hoping that sharing my story and symptoms will help at least one person.
- Mood swings – Which even though it is out now I still have them just no where near as bad
- No sex drive
- No desire to do anything – as in working, being a mom, a friend, enjoying life at all really I just wanted to spend my days sleeping and fought hard not to.
- insomnia – which also lead to being over tired all the time because while I could not sleep at night I still had to get up early to get the kids to school and do everything that I needed to do as a mom.
- Infection – It was found after my IUD was removed that it had caused in infection in my body
- Hair loss – I thought it was because I died my hair but then after I stopped and my hair was all natural color I still had hair loss
- Feeling trapped inside- I felt as if I was not me at all, like I was “trapped” and I couldn’t get out no matter how hard I tried to (I know this sounds slightly crazy)
- No period – While this sounds great and not having it monthly was great the whole 3 years it was in I never had one which im sure is not good for anyone (we have it for a reason and the one after removal was the worst thing i have ever dealt with)
- Numbness and tingling in my arms and legs (going up starting at my hands and feet and working its way up progressively over time)
Now as I said before I am not a doctor these are just symptoms that I had and if you have any of them and have the IUD get to a doctor and get checked out.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here