I am continuing the Mystery Shopping series from last week to continue to give you all more information about it. You can check out all of our posts about mystery shopping here
How to get started
- Sign up with Mystery shopping companies.
- Get organized, have a spot for all of your mystery shopping paperwork so that it is all together in one spot and easy for you to find.
- Know what types of mystery shops you are looking to do, do you want to do food, retail, auto shops ect. This will help you when you are looking for jobs
- Know how far from home you want to travel, and how far from home is worth it. Driving 1 hour for a shop that pays $7 and all you are doing is getting a $2 burger is not worth the trip.
- Set up a paypal account- Most companies pay by paypal
- Set up a savings account for your taxes. Yes you will have to pay taxes on your income from mystery shopping. To be safe I put away 33% into a savings account. There are times that come tax time I do not need to touch it to pay my taxes and then that is just money that we have to spend. I find having the savings account for my taxes helps me know what is what and to make sure I put the money away and not touch it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here