If you feel stressed, I feel your pain! The last few months with moving, then heading to NYC (while leaving hubby home to unpack the rest of the house), then the kids adjusting to their new schools, some stressful personal stuff with family, blogging, hubby looking fora job and going to school and daily life there are some days that the stress is overwhelming and I look at the computer and I just can not sit down to post(I am sure you have seen the days when the mornings are filled with great deals and then the afternoon is dead) and not just posting I can not settle down to get anything done and I count down the hours until bed time. I am sure I am not the only one, that when it comes time to make dinner that I wonder where the day has gone and then wonder Oh no! What am I making for dinner? I know there have been times that even after dinner is done I can not remember what I actually got accomplished that day and that just causes more stress.
I have learned that as hard as it is, and especially when there is stuff that needs to be done that I need to make sure I also take care of myself and not let my stress get to overwhelming. That while maybe I should do that load of laundry before going to bed, the fact that I am tired and I need to relax just a little is important and it is something that I need to do (its not like the laundry won’t be there in the morning)
Here is a list of things that I do to relieve stress and just relax and it really does help:)
- Call it an early night, while I may have stuff I should be doing sometimes just shutting the computer down, ignoring the laundry and just going to bed early helps. I wake up more refreshed and my stress goes down quite a bit
- When you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed taking a 5 minute me break, weather is be a quick phone call to a friend, laying on the bed or couch for a few minutes, or just doing nothing but focusing on me (if the kids are home putting on a quick tape for them or asking hubby to keep an eye on them if he is home works great)
- Reading at night after the kids go to bed sitting down and just reading a book or a magazine is a great way to relax
- taking a warm bath
- Sitting at the kitchen table having a cup of coffee or tea
- Watching one of your favorite shows
- Playing with the kids
- Spend a day doing no cleaning (just picking up what has to be done like the meal dishes and toys) this one while it may seem like a bad idea because you will have to do more work the next day it really does help to have one day to not worry about cleaning
I know that we all get stressed and that life gets crazy but it is important to remember that the stuff that needs to be there will still be there later and that there are times when having a “Me Party” is important. In our house a happy mommy is a happy house so it is important for me to remember to take a mommy break when i need one.
What are some of your favorite ways to destress?