These Chicken Broccoli Pies with Cheese are a fun option for portion controlled dinner. They are a perfectly delicious option for kid-friendly meals. Plus, they are great for making in large batches and freezing for easy meals later.
If you are looking for a classic comfort food, chicken broccoli pies are a perfect option. A bit of 2% cheddar cheese makes it even better for you without losing the flavor. I like adding a bit of black pepper to the recipe, but it is delicious as is for the rest of my family. \
Ingredients for Chicken Broccoli Pies:
- 1 Roll of premade refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 medium-sized head of broccoli
- 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pack Swanson flavor boost chicken broth concentrate
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
Directions for Chicken Broccoli Pies:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Prepare broccoli and chicken by dicing into small pieces
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and add chicken and broccoli. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender and chicken is heated through.
- Using a large round cookie cutter, cut 4 circles from the pie crust, take remaining pie crust and roll into a ball and then roll with a rolling pin to make 2 more circles
- Once broccoli and chicken are done cooking add 1 packet of chicken broth, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup of water and turn heat to low and stir till it thickens.
- Turn heat off the skillet, add in cheese, and stir until melted.
- Place circles of pie crusts into a muffin tin (make sure you spray them well with nonstick spray)
- Scoop chicken and broccoli mixture into pie crusts as shown above. Mini pies will be full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes (make sure to check that pie crust is done)
Makes 6 Mini Pies
8 SmartPoints per Pie on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan
This is a great easy kid-friendly meal that is already portion controlled. You can serve with a large side salad for a healthy and delicious comfort food meal your family will love.
More Kid-Friendly Meals:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here