16 ounces medium mushrooms, about 20 mushrooms
4 green onions, tops included, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend or dried leaf basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop the stems finely.
- 16 ounces medium mushrooms about 20 mushrooms
- 4 green onions tops included, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend or dried leaf basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop the stems finely.
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the mushroom caps in a single layer.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with olive oil. Add the chopped stems and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the stem mixture with the bread crumbs, cheese, Italian herbs or basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mixture and arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.