I know you all have read my review on the War Horse Movie, but with the DVD just recently coming out on April 3, 2012 there is a lot more on the DVD, that makes the movie even better. Learning the behind the scenes makes watching the movie much more entertaining and gives you more of a respect for the movie. You can learn more about War Horse with my Interview with Emily Watson, who plays the mother, Rose Narracott in the movie.
Synopsis of War Horse
DreamWorks Pictures’ War Horse is a tale of loyalty, hope and tenacity set in Europe during World War I. War Horse begins with the bond between a horse named Joey and a young man called Albert, who tames and trains him. When
they are forcefully parted, the film follows the extraordinary journey of the horse as he moves through the war, changing and inspiring the lives of all those he meets before the story reaches its emotional climax in the heart of No Man’s Land.
War Horse has a ton of great Behind the Scenes footage with the Bonus Features on the Blue-Rey DVD. Learning about how to movie was made and watching the documentaries and hearing Steven Spielberg and the others involved, like the actors who were in the movie brings more to the movie.
There is a lot that goes into making a movie like this,
Here is a video clip of the casting of Joey
I LOVE The charge scene, not for what is going on in the scene (War part I mean), but for how emotional it is and it is amazing the scene itself is. You can see a little bit about how they made that scene with this video clip.
The bonus features on this DVD include:
- A 20 minute feature where Steven Spielberg, Jeremy Irvine, Emily Watson and a few other talk about their experience making the War Horse movie.
- A Film Makers Journey- Which is a 1 hour film piece into the making of War Horse. It covers many different aspects of the film, from how it was brought to Steven Spielberg’s attention to make it into a movie by Kathleen Kennedy. From actors to the original author of War Horse, people talk about how the movie came to be and you are taken on a journey through every section of the film.
- The sounds of War Horse, where you learn all about what took place to get the sounds just right in the film.
- An Extra’s point of view: A 3 minute segment with Martin Dew, who talks about being an extra and how he and hundreds of other men were selected as extras for the movie.
- Through the Producer’s Lens: Where you will see photos that Kathleen Kennedy took during the film and how she discovered the source material for the movie and why it appealed to her.
- And More!
You can purchase War Horse (Four Disc Combo: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) on online and in stores at local retailers.
One Lucky Reader is going to win a copy of the War Horse Movie!
Tell me who you will watch this movie with.
Like this post(use the button at top of post)-1 entry
Subscribe to my e-mail Newsletter (Don’t worry it is free and comes once a day to keep you in the loop)- You Must confirm your subscription (you will get an email asking you to confirm it)-1 entry
Like My Fan page on Facebook– 1 entry
Follow Us on Twitter and tweet- Enter to #Win @WarHorseMovie Blu-Ray & DVD Combo from @Midgetmomma1200 https://www.midgetmomma.com/?p=27805 – 2 entries per day (must be space a minimum of 2 hours apart)
Leave a Thoughtful comment on my A Scottish Morning at Pixar Post – 1 entry
Follow me on Pinterest– 1 entry
Follow me on ReClipit– 1 entry
No purchase necessary to enter, leave a separate comment in the comment section below for each entry method. This giveaway is not associated with any of the entry methods, This giveaway will run till 11:59PM EST on May 1, 2012. The winner will be picked using And the winner is (a random winner picker) and will be announced in a new blog post after the giveaway has ended. Giveaway is open to those 18 years or older and who are US residents. Winner will be contacted and have 48 hours to reply to contact e-mail or the prize is forfeited. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here