Ok so before you say “You really want me to think about working out while pregnant” hear me out on this one:)
When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter I gained 80 pounds, you know that first time mom thing where you are like “oh I should eat for 2” (that is really not the case). Well I didn’t work out at all, I was working at Wendy’s and the after affect sucked getting back into shape. When I was pregnant with my son I skipped the whole eating for 2 and stayed active which was a MUCH better outcome, I only gained what I needed to but at the same time I never really worked out but wish I had. With my youngest I might as well have been working out with all the running around I did with 2 kids in preschool, me going to school and couponing. I would go at night and claimed my exercise to be the 1-2 hours I was in the grocery store.
After having 3 kiddos I wish someone had told me that exercising during pregnancy would have made my life easier and that I had been able to find a work out DVD that would have been right in line with being pregnant.
While I am not currently pregnant I tested out the new What to Expect When you are Expecting Workout DVD, and yes I know I didn’t get the full affect because there is no adorable baby bump in my front (just some “baby belly even though my youngest is almost 3) the work out I felt was something that would be great for during pregnancy.
It was not challenging, which is what you would want when pregnant. The goal is to keep the blood flowing and your body going when you are pregnant, not to burn calories to lose weight.
There are different modes and you can customize your work out for each step of the pregnancy.
· BAREFOOT & PREGNANT: Enjoy this gentle Pilates-based workout that focuses on balance, muscle strength and circulation.
· BABY BUMP BOOT CAMP: Back-to-basics training to build stamina and strength for a healthier pregnancy.
· BABY STEPS: Bust some baby moves with this sexy, fun, easy-to-follow dance routine.
· CUTE TO THE CORE: Fight aches, pains and flab while keeping your abs and hips strong and toned with Pilates-based moves.
· BUNS IN THE OVEN: Target-tone your buns with this total-body workout designed to firm up your legs, buns and thighs.
Stretch & Relax:
· MIND, BODY & BABY: Practice gentle yoga moves to help rejuvenate your aching body and tight muscles.
What to Expect When You are Expecting Workout DVD Features
· Working This Workout – preview
· Exercise Smarts – tips and exercise advice from Heidi
· Your Main Squeeze – kegel exercises
· Workstation Workout – exercises at the office/desk
· Bouncing Baby Ball – utilizing a stability ball
All in all if I were to have another baby, I would do things differently and working out would be one of them and I am pretty sure this work out DVD would be in the dvd player often:)
Disclaimer: I was provided promotional copy of this product to review. No compensation was received and all opinions are 100% my own.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here