My dad sent me this as an e-mail today and I thought it was awesome and so very truthful that I just had to share it with all of you because with out all of you I would not be able to do what I do and my husband would be losing his mind as I tell him about my shopping lol (and I am pretty sure he is very thankful for all of you because he does not have to listen to me lol)
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz , the creator of the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip.
You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them.
Read the e-mail straight through , and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five .
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4 Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is , none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies..
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with..
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials , the most money…or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most.
Pass this on to those people who have either made a difference in your life , or whom you keep close in your heart , like I did.
”Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!”
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here