If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe that is not only full of flavor but one that the whole family this Spinach And Feta Pita recipe made with AllWhites Egg Whites is perfect. Long ago I thought the idea of eggs in a carton was gross, I like to crack my eggs but I was wrong. While I normally prefer my eggs with a yoke so I can dip my toast in them, they do not work that well for making things like wraps. The yoke gets in the way, so AllWhites® Egg Whites are perfect for solving that problem! AllWhites® Egg Whites reached out to me about recreating their Spinach And Feta Wrap and due to my store not having things, I had to make a few changes and use pitas instead but they still tasted amazing! So we had Spinach and Feta Pitas instead of wraps, but it just shows that you can make the slight change and have the same amazing flavor even if your store doesn’t sell flatbreads. For those who do not like yokes, these are a great alternative. They have 0 PointsPlus® value per serving on the Weight Watchers® program and are naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free. Also if you are worried about what is in them, no worries they are 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk and nothing else! You can find them in the refrigerator section at the grocery store, mine were by the eggs.
Spinach And Feta Pita
Don’t forget to Pin Spinach And Feta Pita on your breakfast board on Pinterest!
Spinach And Feta Pita Ingredients:
- 1 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 2 tsp. prepared basil pesto
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Crystal Farms® Wisconsin Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 (2 oz.) whole-wheat flat breads – if you can not find flatbreads then do like I did and use pitas
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Spinach And Feta Wrap Directions:
- Spray a nonstick 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Beat AllWhites egg whites and pesto together with a fork in medium bowl.
- Pour into skillet. Stir in spinach.
- As eggs start to set, lift the edges with a spatula, allowing uncooked eggs to flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist.
- Sprinkle with feta; cover and cook 1 minute longer. Cut in half.
- Spread mayonnaise on flatbread or pita. Top with tomatoes, then eggs.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick or wrap in parchment.
This recipe can be easily doubled for a family lunch.