So in just 4 days I leave, this weekend will be crazy busy packing my stuff, getting the kids and hubby set for me being gone, finishing up the grocery shopping and deal shopping that I need to do before I leave and finishing up the rest of last weeks coupons that have yet to make it in the binder. Of course I am taking my binder with me, I wanna see what deals I can find in the local stores.
While I am in Texas I am going to make some stops at the grocery stores in the area and see what deals I can find there. If there is a store in that area that you want me to check out for you or that interests you please let me know so I can make sure to have that one on my list! I want to be able to help you and here is a chance for me to help all the Texas followers with some of the stores down there. That is exciting for me to be able to see what deals I can get in a different part of the country.
Some tips for packing:
I have a problem with over packing when I go places, driving it is not to bad but when you are flying if your bag weighs to much they are going to charge you extra. You can save yourself money by bringing your coupons and finding deals where you will be so you do not have to pack it all. One thing that many people have to have if they have babies is diapers, but is it really worth it to spend $25 on your suit case of diapers if you can buy them at a store for cheaper? So here are some of my tips for packing
- Pack what you will need for a few days less then what you will be there for. You can always find a laundry mat to do a load or 2 of laundry which will cost you about $10- $15 dollars. Not only will you not have as much luggage to bring with you to lug around, but you will be able to bring less bags or a smaller bag and save from having to pay extra for the weight on the plane.
- Put those travel size freebies to good use! Instead of packing a large bottle of shampoo, conditioner, deodorant ect. bring the small ones you can throw them out as you use them up which will free up space for things you buy like souvenirs on your trip.
- You can save a lot of money by keeping snacks in your hotel room, but packing them take a lot of space, contact the companies that you like their products and bring the free item coupons that they send you with you. They take up a lot less space then bringing the actual items.
- Plan your outfits, you can wear jeans and shorts more then just one day so you can bring more tops then pants and wear your shorts and pants 2 times and still have a different outfit by pairing it with a different shirt.
- Bring shoes that can go with multiple outfits(this is my hard one). Bringing shoes for each outfit is going to take up a lot of space, bring neutral shoes that can be worn with each outfit and try to limit yourself to 3 pairs. For me I am going to try to limit myself to 1 pair of flip flop, 1 pair of sneaker and one nice pair of shoes. Since I will also have the shoes I am wearing while I travel that means I will have 4 pairs of shoes to wear.
- Know what where you are staying has, many hotels have blow dryers, so there is no need to bring your own. Call and ask them what they have in the hotel room, this also goes for shampoo and soap, many places have it available for you every time the housekeeping crew comes in.
Do you have any packing tips? I would love to hear them!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here