So many of you know we are in the process of house hunting so that we can move back to New Jersey. Well last week we checked out a great house that would have been perfect for us and we were all excited until we learned that our Realtor had no clue what she was doing. I guess our first clue should have been when she said she was the agent for the house we were looking at, and then later in the afternoon said she needed to give our paperwork to the Realtor for the house. I guess we were just so excited about the house and we are more then ready to move that it just didn’t click until she e-mailed us letting us know we didn’t get the house because she didn’t put our offer in yet. Well that was on Tuesday that we went down and she had said she was doing the paperwork and then Thursday contacts us saying the house was gone. We now thankfully have a great guy helping us look for houses but I thought some money saving tips on house hunting would be a great thing to share with all of you:)
- Contact multiple agents in your area or the area that you are looking to buy or rent a house in.
- Look on craigslist, trulia, and use google to find houses that you are interested in
- Don’t look at houses that don’t fit your needs. You are wasting time if you look at a house that isn’t what you need.
- Make a list for the realator that has everything you need in a house and things that you want to have in the house
- Know your budget and stick to it. Don’t let them try and talk you into a house that is higher then your budget you will be setting yourself up for trouble.
- Take 1 day to look at houses, it will save you time and gas to do it all in one day (if possible)
- Make a list of houses that you want to see and compare them
- Don;t just set your sights on 1 house, if it falls through it can be a waste of money and make you lose track of your goal