During your shopping for all your friends and family it can be hard sometimes to stick to a budget here are some of the things we do so that we stay on our budget:
- Shop year round– While this does cause an issue for being able to hide things if you do not have the space shopping year round can save you both time and money. I shop all year long for Christmas. If I find an awesome deal on something that I know would be perfect I pick it up.
- Determine your budget early-Our Christmas budget is figured out in the beginning of January, (just in time for the target toy clearance in January). All year long I know how much I am going to have to spend on Christmas and we are able to put money away for Christmas shopping. If I do not spend the amount that month shopping for presents then it gets added to the savings for Christmas for when I do find a great deal. This also helped us with Christmas this year because of moving and hubby being unemployed right now we had the money saved up to finish what I had not gotten through out the year.
- Earn Gift Cards Online-Use places like Swagbucks and MyPoints to earn gift cards to use for shopping and you can cash in for gift cards that can be used as gifts.
- Save Money While Shopping Online– While I do not receive the money immediately and the discount is not taken off right away shopping using places like Ebates and Shop At Home I am getting money back for purchases I would have made anyway.
- Mystery Shopping– When I do some shops and I am reimbursed for my purchase I use that to buy gifts for people.
- Daily Deal Sites– Sites like Ru-La-La, Gilt, EverSave, and No More Rack, have saved me a ton of money this year. I got a Vera Bradley Bag for one of my sisters for a fraction of what it cost normally.(I would tell you how much but theres a chance she could see this post lol)
- Homemade gifts– The kids and I make Christmas cookies each year and put them in to nice Christmas tins or cookie Jars(depending on what I find the year before on sale after Christmas) not only is this a budget friendly gift it can also easily be personalized since you are making the cookies yourself.
- Stick to your budget– No matter how big or small your budget is the most important thing is to stick to your budget.