What happens when I tell my kids that they are going to be put to work eating pickles?
THIS. This Happens!
Along with jumping around the house and hours of them asking me when I am going to stop torturing them and let them dig in to the pickles. I may have been teasing them a bit while letting the jars of pickles stare at them while they sat on the counter because I had to get other things done 😉
When I finally told them it was time to sit down and start taste testing pickles it was like they won the lottery!
The variety of pickles that Vlasic has now has grown, which is great for those like my kiddos who can not seem to get enough pickles! There are new flavors such as Tabasco Spears, Salsa Blend Stackers and Dill Spears! These are perfect for when the kids want a crunchy salty snack, and they are healthier then me letting them munch on chips!
What makes me love pickles as a snack for my kids?
- Vlasic Dill Pickles are a delicious, low calorie snack with no fat and only one-gram of carbohydrates, not that my kids need to worry about carbs because they have so much energy to run off, but I want them to be conscious of picking healthier options that they can carry on in life.
- Vlasic Pickles are high in probiotics and contain antioxidants, which help promote good health.
- In a food culture that is pushing for increased vegetable consumption, it is also important to remember that just one pickle spear equals approximately 1/4 cup of vegetables! That is a great way to get your nonveggie eaters to eat a veggie without even realizing they are doing so!
- We all have a salty craving every once in a while and can easily down more chips then we realize, but pickles are a great alternative to high calorie potato chips that will still satisfy that salty craving.
- My kids love cucumbers, pickles are a cucumber that has been brined in vinegar. A great option for my cucumber loving kiddos!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Vlasic. All opinions as always are 100% my own.