If you are a Military family or a veteran this list of Ways to Save Money as a Military Family can help you save a lot of money! If you know someone who is in the military or a veteran make sure you share this with them.
Tom, the kids and myself spent 5 years as an active duty military family and that is where our couponing adventure began. While we were very grateful for our children, Tom having a job, us having a house and food on the table money was tight. The military pay is while money for your house is provided does not leave much wiggle room so being able to save money is important.
There are lots of different ways you can save money when you are in the military:
- Use coupons
- Ask stores if they have a military discount when you are shopping
- Use your base community center to get discount tickets for local attractions, theme parks and even Disney World.
- Use Direct Energy Military Portal to save money on your energy costs
- Use a bank that is on the base or USAA where you will get discounts for being a member of the banks, but also to use the banks you need to be a military member.
- Shop at thrift stores or look for your “Airmen’s attic” If you live on an air force base. The Airmen’s attic is a place where people donate household items, clothing, toys and more and if you are under a certain rank then you can shop for FREE!
- Shop the commissary – but when doing so also make sure to check the grocery ads for your local stores, you will often find the sale items are priced better at the other stores but the non sale items will more often then non be cheaper at the commissary.
- When flying use Space A travel when you can. Depending on your rank and what your trip is depends on your ease at getting a flight but if you can get one you will save a lot of money.
Direct Energy Military Portal has exclusive low rates for military personnel and their families, including active duty and veterans! Military members pay is quite low compared to other careers that people can have and it takes a strong person and a strong family to be a member of the military so I am super excited that our Military members can stretch their bucks when paying their energy costs!
These plans were created solely to help our veterans and military members save money on their home energy needs. Not only will military members save money but once you are signed up with Direct Energy, you get access to on-time bill payment rewards, the Refer-a-Friend program, Online Account Manager and more!
This post is sponsored by Direct Energy. All opinions are 100% my own.