Baked Potato Soup
With mashed potatoes, bacon, and cheese, this Loaded Baked Potato Soup has all of your favorite baked potato flavors in a thick, creamy soup!
- 6 whole Small Russet Potatoes Peeled And Diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream reduced-fat or full fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pieces bacon Cooked and crumbed Pieces of
- 1 cup cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions Thinly sliced
Wash the potatoes with water. Then pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave potatoes for 13 minutes on high.
As the potatoes cooks, heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes. Then add chicken broth and mix well.
In a small bowl combine the flour and 1/2 cup milk and mix well. Then add the
Add milk and flour mixture to pot then add in 1 1/2 cups milk.
Bring to a boil, stirring often. Once at a boil cook for about a minute, add in potatoes, the sour cream, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Using a potato masher mash the cooked potatoes and then add them to the soup. Mash until the consistency of potatoes that you want or you can use an immersion blender.
Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 890mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg