Skip the long cook time of making Pizza rolls in the oven and make these Air Fryer Pizza Rolls for the perfect crispy on the outside and gooey cheese on the inside. Cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer is the best way to make frozen pizza rolls!
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Need a quick snack or appetizer? Crispy Pizza Rolls are always a hit! For the longest time, I made pizza rolls in the oven. Then we got the air fryer and as you know I have fallen in love with it. Cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer was our newest thing and oh boy did they come out perfect! They were perfectly flaky and crispy on the outside and then you bite into one and the warm gooey cheese mixed with the sauce is perfect!
The kids love pizza rolls but the time it takes to cook them in the oven and dirtying a baking sheet is something I am not a fan of. When we got our air fryer I started air frying anything and everything I could in it. I realized that we can make delicious pizza rolls in the air fryer in less time with less mess than the traditional way of using the oven.
The first time we made this air fryer pizza rolls recipe the kids loved how crispy the pizza rolls turned out and how much easier the cooking process was compared to using the oven and said they got better results than when they use the oven. Cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer is now their go-to way of cooking this easy snack.
I love making quick snacks in the air fryer and I have totally changed how we make our frozen snacks and appetizers. While we used to make them in the oven, now we make everything we can in the air fryer. If you haven’t gotten an air fryer yet I am going to highly suggest you do. It won’t take long for you to fall in love with it I am sure!
Easy Air Fryer Foods
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak Fries
- How to cook Frozen Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash browns
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella sticks
- Air Fried Pierogies
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
What are Pizza Rolls?
Pizza rolls are a type of snack food that consists of bite-sized pieces of pizza filling wrapped in a crispy, oven-baked or deep-fried outer layer. They are usually sold frozen and can be found in the frozen food section of most grocery stores.
The filling of pizza rolls typically includes tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and various pizza toppings, such as pepperoni pizza rolls, sausage, mushrooms, and onions. Some varieties of pizza rolls may also include other ingredients, such as chicken, bacon, or vegetables.
Why Should I cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer instead of the Oven?
Making air fry pizza rolls has several advantages over cooking them in an oven. The air fryer makes traditionally fried foods crispy without having to be cooked in oil. Air fryers also make frozen snack foods cook faster than the traditional way of cooking them in the oven. Here are a few reasons why it is better to make this delicious snack in the air fryer instead of the oven:
- Faster Cooking Time. Pizza rolls cook much faster in an air fryer than in an oven. This is because air fryers use hot air to circulate around the food, cooking it evenly and quickly. In fact, air-fried pizza rolls can be ready in as little as 5 minutes in an air fryer, compared to the 12-15 minutes it takes in an oven.
- Crispy and crunchy Texture. Air fryers are excellent at creating crispy textures, and pizza rolls are no exception. The hot, circulating air in the air fryer helps to crisp up the outer layer of the pizza roll, creating delicious crispy air fryer pizza rolls that you just can’t get in an oven.
- Energy Efficiency. Because air fryers are smaller than ovens, they use less energy to cook food. This can save you money on your electricity bill in the long run.
- Convenience. Air fryers are incredibly easy to use and clean. They require little to no preheating time and are very straightforward to operate. Additionally, most air fryer baskets are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze. This makes them the perfect after-school snack or a quick lunch when you are short on time.
What are the best Pizza rolls?
Personally in our house, we love totino’s pizza rolls but you can also make different brands and store brands in the air fryer and have
What can you dip Pizza Rolls in?
You can eat pizza rolls on their own or if you are a dipper you can dip them in marinara sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese or wing sauce.
What temperature do you cook pizza rolls in an Air Fryer?
You will cook them at 370 for 5-8 minutes depending on your air fryer.
How long should I cook frozen pizza rolls in an Air Fryer?
The great thing about cooking them in the air fryer is that they only take a couple of minutes to cook them. The cook time is much shorter than other cooking methods, the whole large bag of pizza bites was done in 10 minutes!
Tips for Cooking Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
Do not defrost them. You want them to be solid frozen when you put them in the air fryer.
Single layer. Only cook them in a single layer, do not stack them or they will not cook thoroughly. Make sure they are spaced out evenly and not touching each other.
Read your instructions. Some air fryers will require you to use cooking spray when you are using them, others don’t so be sure to check the specific directions for yours.
How to Store Leftover Pizza Rolls?
Allow the pizza bites to cool down to room temperature before storing them. Transfer the pizza bites to an airtight container. You can use a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid or a sealable plastic bag. Place the container with the pizza bites in the refrigerator. The pizza bites should be consumed within 3-4 days.
How do you reheat Cooked Pizza Rolls?
If you have cooked pizza rolls that you have stored in the fridge you can reheat them in the air fryer. Reheat the pizza rolls in the air fryer at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes.
What is the best Air Fryer?
There are many different air fryers out there, amongst our team of foodies our favorites are the Cuisinart Air Fryer and convection oven combo, Power XL Pro and the Ninja Foodi 9-in-One. If you don’t have either of them you can use the air fryer you have, but if you are looking to get started with cooking food in an air fryer then our suggestion is that you want to get one of those.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Ingredients
- 18 Frozen Pizza Rolls
How to cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
Preheat the Air fryer to 380°F.
Place the uncooked pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook for 5 minutes until the pizza rolls are golden brown. If you want them to be crispier then you can add an extra minute to the cook time.
Carefully remove the pizza rolls from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Repeat the process with any remaining pizza rolls and allow them to cool before serving.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Steak
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer whole chicken
- Homemade Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Cheddar Biscuits
- Air Fryer Crunch Wrap Supreme
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 18 Frozen Pizza Rolls
- Preheat the Air fryer to 380°F.
- Place the uncooked pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the pizza rolls are golden brown. If you want them to be crispier then you can add an extra minute to the cook time.
- Carefully remove the pizza rolls from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Repeat the process with any remaining pizza rolls and allow them to cool before serving.