Growing up I never had a jarred spaghetti sauce, my dad would make sauce every other Sunday. He would always make double the amount we needed and freeze the extra. I never understand why people buy jarred spaghetti sauce when it is so easy to make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.Taking on my dads ways I now make my own sauce but instead of making it every other week I make it once a month. I just take the recipe below and make three times the amount of sauce and then I freeze it and pull it out and defrost it when I need it.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Directions:
In a medium stock pan heat the oil, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
Add the tomatoes, salt, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to the pot.
Stir until combined.
Let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
- In a medium stock pan heat the oil, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to the pot.
- Stir until combined.
- Let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
Looking for More Amazing Pasta Sauces? Check these out!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here