Lemon Roasted Asparagus is a super easy side dish that complements many different main dishes. This asparagus side dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or a holiday dinner! This easy recipe has just 6 ingredients and is done in about 15 minutes!
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
This asparagus recipe is a perfect way to treat your family to a delicious vegetable side that everyone loves. No more arguing over eating the veggies when you have this recipe on your menu!
Making this Lemon Roasted Asparagus is perfect for any week night dinner or a special dinner. The flavor of the Lemon Roasted Asparagus are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
I never knew lemon could bring out the flavor of asparagus so well till I made this recipe. The ingredients for this Lemon Roasted Asparagus dish are very simple but all play apart in bring out the asparagus’s amazing flavor.
- Asparagus stuffed chicken
- Chicken Asparagus Stir fry
- Capocollo Wrapped Asparagus
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta
How to prepare fresh Asparagus
If you have never prepared fresh asparagus before it is very easy to prepare.
All you need to do is hold the end and the middle of the asparagus and bend it till it breaks. The end part is were it has a woody texture and you just throw that part away.
If you want to you can also use a pair of kitchen shears to cut the ends off.
How to Store
Allow cooked asparagus to cool and then store in an airtight container and put in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Lemon Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
How to Make Lemon Roasted Asparagus
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Zest the lemon into a bowl and set aside.
Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one of the quarters into a bowl and set the juice to the side.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, shallot, oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
Wash and prep the asparagus.
Spray a baking sheet or an oven safe pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the asparagus on the sheet pan or in the baking dish.
Pour the mixture over the asparagus.
Roast asparagus in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle the lemon juice over the top.
Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Egg Salad Pasta Salad
- Grilled green beans with bacon
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Bacon deviled eggs
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Zest the lemon into a bowl and set aside.
- Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one of the quarters into a bowl and set the juice to the side.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, shallot, oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Wash and prep the asparagus.
- Spray a baking sheet or an oven safe pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus on the sheet pan or in the baking dish.
- Pour the mixture over the asparagus.
- Roast asparagus in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the lemon juice over the top.
Makes 4 servings
1 SmartPoint per serving on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan
On Weight Watchers? Check out these other great Weight Watchers Recipes.
More Recipes you will love!