We have recently been eating a lot of sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes because of the flavor, I LOVE them, the kids LOVE them and Tom well he eats them lol (which is because he likes regular potatoes and doesn’t like change 😉 ) Everyone loves it when I make Microwave Baked Sweet Potato!
These Microwave Baked Sweet potatoes are so easy to make and if you are running around like crazy trying to make dinner and you are behind schedule you can make these super quick and they taste great! They are a great addition to just about any meal and you can easily empty the skin, mash them and then add the butter, maple syrup and cinnamon and stir and they taste amazing that way too 🙂
This microwave sweet potato recipe is perfect for when you are wanting a tasty sweet potato with out having to spend a ton of time cooking them.
LOVE Sweet Potatoes? Make sure you check out these other tasty recipes:
- Sweet Potato Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
How to Microwave a Sweet Potato
It is really easy to cook sweet potato in microwave, it just takes a few minutes to do and then you can have it ready to go and enjoy!
Microwave Baked Sweet Potato
Microwave Sweet Potato
Following these easy steps for how to cook a sweet potato in the microwave, you never have to worry about waiting forever for them to bake in the oven.
How to cook a Sweet Potato in the Microwave
Microwave Baked Sweet Potato
This Microwave Sweet Potato recipes gives you an amazing, smooth baked sweet potato much faster then using the oven. Top your baked sweet potato with butter, cinnamon and maple syrup and you have one of the most amazing side dishes ever!
- Wash your sweet potatoes well.
- Using a fork poke tons of holes in it – about 20-30 times all over your sweet potato.
- Place your sweet potato on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes. After 8 minutes check to see how soft they are. You want them to be smushy like.
- Remove from the microwave carefully when done. They will be HOT but you will know when they are done when they are smushy.
- Let them cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Then cut them open horizontally. Using your fingers squeeze the sides a bit to push it off the skin a bit and push the insides a little.
- Stick a few thin slices of butter on top.
- If you are wanting to blow the flavor out of the water our favorite thing to do is drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle some cinnamon on top and mix it into the sweet potato! Oh so good!
This recipe is created by MidgetMomma.com.
2 – 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points with out the maple syrup depending on the size of your sweet potato. Best way to find exact points is to weigh yours. There are no additional points for adding cinnamon!
Check out these other great recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.