This Shrimp Alfredo is a family favorite in our house, seriously the kids ask me to make it just about every single week, they never get sick of it! I use the best homemade alfredo sauce ever, add in the easiest ever to make garlic shrimp and we have our favorite dinner.
This Shrimp Alfredo recipe with homemade Alfredo sauce is always my go to meal when I need a meal that will make everyone happy. You will never make shrimp alfredo with jar sauce again after you have made this homemade alfredo with shrimp pasta recipe.
I do feel like I need to warn you about one thing that will happen when you make this shrimp alfredo pasta recipe…. you are going to have to make it again and again and again because your family is going to ask for it often because it is THAT good!
This shrimp alfredo pasta can be made with any of your favorite pastas. I use whatever I have on hand including the spiral noodles, fettuccini noodles, and penne and they all work well. Change things up, make it fun and have fettuccini alfredo with shrimp, Penne alfredo with shrimp, and well you get the point. The pasta fun is endless and amazingly tasty every time you eat it!
You can also change this up by adding veggies to it. I personally change things up by making it shrimp alfredo with broccoli by adding steamed broccoli to it. You can make this shrimp spinach alfredo by adding steamed spinach. Again just like the pasta changes you can make, the veggie changes you can make this recipe for shrimp alfredo so easy to change up when you need to. Of course I am totally for keeping it a basic because this really is the best shrimp alfredo recipe.
You can make this shrimp alfredo pasta recipe even more awesome by making homemade pasta to go with it. However, boxed pasta will work just fine too and still give you an amazing dinner that tastes just like the Olive Garden Shrimp Alfredo.
This easy shrimp alfredo makes enough for using with a 1 pound box of pasta and feeds our family of 5 with leftovers. You can easily double and triple the recipe if needed.
If you really want to ramp up the game you can grab some Olive Garden Salad dressing here and then put it on your salad. Plus they make Olive Garden Croutons too!! You can really have the WHOLE shebang right at home!!
How to Make Shrimp Alfredo
This shrimp alfredo is a perfect dinner recipe. Creamy rich alfredo sauce with shrimp over pasta and super easy to make.
- Clean and shell the shrimp, and cut into bite sized pieces. Saute with 2 tablespoons butter and garlic on medium low heat until the shrimp are pink and set to the side.
- Start cooking your pasta according to the package.
- While pasta is cooking it is time to start making your sauce.
- Melt butter and cream cheese in a sauce pan over medium heat. The cream cheese might look a bit strange, but stir it till you have it as smooth as you can get it.
- Pour in the whipping cream and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Whisk together until butter and cream have combined and until the sauce bubbles slightly.
- Add Parmesan cheese and garlic powder and stir until everything is mixed well. Turn off the heat, sauce will thicken as it cools a little.
- Drain your pasta and add in cooked shrimp and alfredo sauce and mix well.
If you are doing Keto then you can use the sauce recipe just serve it over homemade Zoodles!!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check these out!
Looking for more amazing pasta sauces? Check these out!
For Tasty Recipes every day join us on our Facebook page here
More Tasty Recipes Click the picture to get to the recipe!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.